Monday, June 29, 2015

Getting back into the game

I became Mr. Laundry man 1977
Liberia has recently come back to me in a personal way with the reintroduction of my three students back in 1977 who are now 48 to 50 years old. 
After my one year service in Liberia I decided to go into College for further training to go back too Liberia to serve as a missionary. In 1980, Liberia entered a period of the Civil War which dramatically change the country forever. In the mid 1980s Liberia entered the Civil War that lasted over 20 years. The wars directly affected the time of service that I could give Liberia as I had to establish a new career.
Liberia has already experience Long term problems with malaria and aids. In the last few years ebola ravage through parts of the country and Liberia hit International attention. 

Now I'm retired, I have an opportunity to get back to finding a way to serve the Lord helping Liberia either here or back overseas. In part it is part of the walk with a fat man as I find purpose in my aging to help others and by doing so benefit from the process is still living and being involved. Many baby boomers are reinventing themselves with education and new opportunities. Putting off the rocking chair for a few years has been shown to be good for our health. So on this blog, I hope to share my progress and service. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment