Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Moses home making a little progress

Progress on Moses Tarr' home, He was able to put a metal roof on his house. Considering the amount of rain is 118 inches a year and being on the coast Buchanan has rain during the dry season that you would not experience inland.
Moses has informed me further improvement have been made.

Rain also wreaks havac on the roads. Moses is traveling into the bush where I used to live to work on the mission. Imagine trying to travel on these roads.

I can remember traveling when the roads were like this. A 40 mile trip may take hours to complete. By the time you got your designation you would need to change your clothes and get a shower. Back in the 70's, when I was there, people would asked me, if I was from the Peace Corps. That wasn't a compliment because the peace core workers we're often unkempt and dirty. The kids were often dropped off in locations with very little support. They had to make due.
There was a book then I read, Red Dust on Green Leaves which describes what the iron ore roads did to the green vegetation.





No comments:

Post a Comment