Sunday, February 28, 2016

I think my effort is falling short

Am I doing enough? 
My heart is sadden with a death of a beautiful smart girl I didn’t know. Evon Tarr age 26 died a day or so. She is the daughter of Daniel Tarr on of my students in Liberia. Evon graduated from highschool which tells you how much Daniel and Evon valued education for women. Her loss will be felt by many. 
I knew she was critical but I was so helpless on this side of the Atlantic. Daniel and his family were unable to get her the medical care she needed. Liberia has a very difficult time getting care to the working Liberian whose income may be somewhere around $100.00-200.00. 
I was not able to help. 

I wish I could write better and be able to have a bigger audience. I know there are things that can be done. I am driven to improve my health. I also need to improve my communication with those in Liberia. Can I help the poor in a personal and effective way? As long as I have life I have got to try. Keep walking

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blow to us,as a family for the loss of our daughter because of no medical care.
    No Qualify doctors ,nurses, even instruments for diagnosis. Living on the tip of a needle by the grace of GOD

    ReplyDelete